It seems that summer is finally in the air and with that comes a small window of beautiful weather. Here in Minnesota, summer is something to be savored and not taken for granted because we all know it’s here one second, gone the next. We’ve come up with some fun, outdoor activities for you and your darling to enjoy during the sweet summer solstice.
OUTDOOR MUSIC + MOVIES
The Twin Cities is bursting with free music and movies in the parks! Take advantage of this colorful list of entertainment beneath the sky. Bring a couple chairs, bug spray, some snacks and you’re set.
• Movies in the parks run until August 23, Monday - Saturday. You’ll find an entire calendar of free, outdoor movies showing at various parks in the Twin Cities right here: Movies in the Parks Schedule
• Outdoor music in the parks runs until September 7. With so many artists and genres, you’re going to find something you can groove to. Check out the calendar right here: Music in the Parks Schedule
• Mears Park is a beautiful “urban oasis” and also happens to be a great place to catch some live, outdoor music in Saint Paul. All shows start at 6pm with headliners starting around 7:15. Most shows are free. View the whole music calendar (some outdoor movies + food trucks!) right here: Music in Mears Park Schedule
Image by Walker Art Center
Believe it or not, there are a plethora of beautiful wineries and vineyards right here in Minnesota and Wisconsin that offer an excellent selection of traditional and unique wines! We’ve chosen a couple wineries with some fun events that will allow you to get your toes wet with everything wine.
• Winehaven | The 17th Annual Raspberries & Wine Festival is taking place Saturday, July 11-12 at this beautiful winery in Chisago, MN. Celebrate summer at Winehaven with hourly vineyard tours, complimentary wine tasting and lunch at the vineyard. They’ll also be releasing a new batch of Raspberry Wine! Don’t miss this festive event. If you can’t attend, you can still visit this permium Forever Bride vendor for a wine tasting during their regular business hours.
• Chateau St. Croix Winery | You don’t have to travel all the way to France to experience Fete de Fleurs, the flowering of the vines festival. Attend Chateau St. Croix Winery’s event, Fete de Fleurs, on June 20 and June 21 with live music, local food vendors, winery tours and tastings! Is your guy a beer drinker? A selection of local beers will also be available! Get more information on this perfect kick-off event for summer and make your plans today.
Images by Winehaven
RESTAURANT PATIOS + DECKS
Rooftop decks and patios in the cities get crowded during these sunny months, so we've included some exceptional options outside of the big city where you can soak up the rays with a cocktail in hand. Venture a little outside the busy city and you'll find some gems. Don't worry, we've still listed a couple of our city favorites.
• Rudy's Redeye Grill | Rudy's luxurious rooftop is nestled in charming White Bear Lake with a full bar, tables, couches and a cozy outdoor fireplace. If you're looking for something fresh and fruity, be sure to try the Ruditini! Kick it on the rooftop during their Happy Hour happening everday between 3-6pm. Make a night out of it and visit downtown White Bear's adorable shops and boutiques.
• The Green Room | Stillwater is home to a plethora of restaurants that sit on the St. Croix River, but there are a select few that have created a memorable ambiance and The Green Room's rooftop deck is certainly one of them. Sip on a beverage from their expanisve wine and cocktail list while enjoying the view of the river. Did we mention the food is amazing? Delight yourself with a couple of their delicious small plates.
• Aster Cafe | Whether you sit inside or outside, you'll be charmed by Aster Cafe's romantic scene. Outside on their brick patio you'll find yourself gazing at the Minneapolis skyline across the Mississippi river. This Forever Bride vendor is located in St. Anthony Main on the cutest street in Minneapolis. Aster Cafe invites you to sit in their courtyard while sipping on one of their craft beers or signature cocktails while accordian music makes you think you are in Paris. You'll find their very own Earl Grey infused gin and tropical green tea infused vodka on their creative menu. We have a feeling you'll be here more than once this summer.
• Coup d'ètat | Let this stylish, premium Forever Bride vendor treat you with not one, but two patios! Choose between their lower and upper level patios then sit back and relax as you enjoy creative cocktails designed by mixologists behind the bar. Coup d'ètat was designed for their central uptown neighborhood. Be sure to check out their Happy Hour daily from 4pm-7pm and a Late Night Happy Hour from 10pm to midnight Sunday-Thursday and 11pm-1am on Friday and Saturday night. Order some nicely priced small plates to taste their chef driven menu. We've worked our way through the entire Happy Hour menu and you can't go wrong here. See you there!
Image by Coup d'ètat
Image by Jody Savage Photography
Whether you want chill in the park while watching a flick, jam out to some great music, or taste some local grub in the sun, you've got some fantastic options to try this summer!