Prevent a rocky start to marriage by asking yourself these 5 questions Before saying 'I Do'. Also check out ForeverBride.com for wedding vendors that will help you plan your wedding.
Do you get along with your fiance's family?
- If you are engaged you should have met your future in-laws by now, if not, be sure to do so before your wedding day. Your fiance's family will be apart of your marriage and life forever. Not getting along with his family or a specific family member will put a strain on you AND your significant other.
- If your fiance does not see a problem with the family member and will not stick up for you, talk to your fiance and the family member about how their actions make you feel. If the unwelcome behavior persists, consider seeing a counselor.
What are you and your fiance's spending habits and patterns?
- Money is a top argument starter in the world of relationships, be sure to sit down and talk about where your money is going, set a monthly budget for each of you, and Save Save Save because you have a wedding to pay for!
What hobbies do you and your fiance do together?
- Don't wait until 2 or 3 years down the road and think 'we don't do anything together' or 'I don't understand why he doesn't want to go see this band play'. You each have your own activities that you like to participate in, but if you really don't have any similar activities you share try something new together. Be sure to be open minded and happy to be doing something different.
Do you have a similar sense of humor?
- It's hard to live with someone who doesn't get the jokes you laugh at most. It's not a 'deal breaker' but be sure the person you will be spending the most time with doesn't still laugh at fart jokes... unless you also laugh at fart jokes, in that case it's a match made in heaven.
Are you and your fiance selfless?
- Will your fiance do anything in the world to make you happy? Will they comfort you in your time of need? Do they not only say they would give up anything in order to be with you but prove it? If you answered yes to all of these questions then your finance is selfless, are you?
- No one wants to be around someone who is hostile and moody, check yourself and your actions in order for you and your fiance to be the best people possible.
Check out ForeverBride.com for more wedding planning tips!