The wedding gowns introduced in 2014 will be anything but boring - and far off the beaten track of traditional. From shorter hemlines to vintage glamour, fashion-forward brides-to-be will be soaking up the latest trends revealed from the world's finest designers. And don't be alarmed; there are a few surprises in the mix - like pink, for starters.
1. Pretty in pink.
2. Lace Sleeves
3. Gold gowns and embellishments
4. Vintage Glamour
5. Wedding Dress Cover-Ups
6. Halter Necklines
7. Think short.
Author: Felicia Felmlee
It is easy to get caught up in the routine of life. When life gets repetitive, try to change things up to keep your relationship exciting! Here are three tips that may help:
1. Remember to keep on dating each other!
Reflect on what the two of you did together when you first started dating. Try doing some of those activities or dates that you did before. This will help keep the connection between the two of you strong. Have fun reminiscing on memories. Look at old pictures! This can be a fun way to bring the two of you closer together. Or have fun planning a unique date night! Get creative and explore all of the different activities you can do!
2. Communication is key
Make time to talk with your man. Life can become very busy, make sure you are including each other in on your life and the things that happen on a daily basis. What do you want out of your relationship? If you are not feeling satisfied, be sure you communicate your feelings to your man. Be sure to check in with him and see how he is doing as well.
3. Plan a vacation
Sometimes all you need is a little getaway! Take some time researching the perfect vacation that the two of you can escape to. Talk about what your budget is and figure out what works best for your schedule. You deserve to have some rest and relaxation with the man you love!
Try these tips out and go the extra mile for your man, there is no doubt that he will greatly appreciate your effort!
Author: Jessica Dennison
Three Rivers Fitness -- Forever Bride's fitness vendor -- offer's brides an ideal fitness center for brides to reach all their fitness and weight goals. We spoke with Rachel Kerzman, co-owner at Three Rivers Fitness, to get the inside scoop on all things fitness- related to weddings, that is.
1. Relieves Stress
Not only will you look great but you will also feel great. "Planning a wedding is naturally stressful and a great outlet to help keep you sane would be to hit the gym," Rachel says. So release those endorphins and feel the stress lifted off your shoulders!
2. Fitness regimen to fit your goals
Perhaps you're looking to tone and tighten or maybe you're looking to go down a couple dress sizes - whatever your goal is Three Rivers Fitness will help you achieve it. Rachel encourages everyone (bride or not) to make fitness a part of his or her daily life. "And then if a bride is really wanting to hit specific goals, she can kick it up a notch by adding personal training or adding extra days of working out," Rachel says.
3. Incorporate Exercising into your Everyday Schedule
Brides have busy schedules - we get that. So how do you fit exercising into your agenda? Start with making small adjustments. Rachel suggests taking walks on lunch breaks and being mindful of what you're eating. And instead of going to happy hour with your friends, make the gym a social affair!
4. Main Priority: Arms
Above all else, focus on your arms. "They are the main body part that will be showing," Rachel says. Helpful tip: buy a set of dumbbells and workout your arms whenever you have a few minutes to spare.
5. Invest in a personal trainer
Do you need that extra push or that extra shout of motivation? Maybe a personal trainer is right for you. "A trainer will always push you harder than you push yourself and you will see great results," Rachel says.
6. Boost of confidence
Let's face it - we all feel better when we leave the gym with sweat dripping from our body. We feel accounplished and confident. So why not feel that way on you wedding day too? "Every bride want to feel beautiful on their wedding day; and for many women fitness can play a huge part in giving them that confidence," Rachel says. So grab your running shoes and boost your confidence!
7. Motivational words from the fitness guru herself
"Your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life! We would come along side a bride and help her feel confident, healthy, and ready to face the new road before her," Rachel says. "Fitness can change your mind, your body, and your energy for life!"
Visit Three Rivers Fitness at www.threeriversfitness.com or call 763-635-2200 for more information
Author: Felicia Felmlee
Graphic Design Internship
We spoke with one of our own makeup vendors, Julie Swenson, to bring our VIB Brides helpful beauty tips from the beauty guru herself!
1. Want a Flawless Glow?
Research. Research. Research. And when that's not enough, allow yourself enough time to experiment with tanning lotions beforehand. We can't stress this enough. Glowing with a hint of bronze is okay- orange or unnaturally dark is not. Julie cautions not to go too dark because you may loose some of your natural dimension - and let's face it, we want bone structure. No pun intended.
2. Prep Your Face.
Getting a blemish-free face certainly won't happen overnight - and it might not even happen over a couple of weeks. "[Brides] should start a solid skin care routine six months in advance," Julie says. You heard the expert - start a regimen as soon as possible for best results. And when all else fails, find a dermatologist.
3. Frame Your Eyes
Waterproof mascara is a must-have for brides. "I like the old tried and true, Maybelline Great Last in black," Julie says.
4. How much makeup is too much?
Obviously brides -and bridesmaids - will be taking a lot of pictures. So cake on the makeup, right? Not exactly - Julie says there needs to be a balance of what is seen on your wedding day and what is seen in pictures. "There's an art in popping features without looking overdone."
5. The Word 'Makeup' doesn't exist in your vocab?
Not all women wear makeup and that's okay! But what does that mean for your wedding day? Julie recommends finding a makeup artist whose work is similar to your style, finding pictures of what you're comfortable with doing and doing a test run beforehand. Makeup isn't in your daily routine and may even feel a little unnatural but experimenting with it earlier will leave you feeling comfortable and confident on your wedding day.
6. Makeup that lasts.
In addtion to primers of course, Julie recommends hiring a professional makeup artist to get the makeup you want and keep it from start to finish. "We are trained to do layering techniques that ensure the makeup is flawless and long-lasting."
VIB DEAL: Free airbrush makeup
Visit Julie Swenson at julieswensonbeauty.com or call 612.741.0288 to book an appointment.
Author: Felicia Felmlee
Wedding trends that every bride must know about.
Before we know it, we will be sipping champagne, reminiscing over the past year's memories, and counting down the seconds to midnight. Amid it all, we will be ringing in New Year with a sequin-embellished dress, of course.
And if 2014 will be the year of your marriage anniversary - here's four trends the New Year has in store for all things wedding related.
1. Dramatic veils: Long, floor-sweeping veils are making a presence in 2014. The Dramatic style of veils will offer a perfectly romantic and whimsical effect to any weddings.
2. Hair Embellishments: From floral crowns to jewel headpieces, hair embellishments are a trendy way to bring style into your big day. Maybe you'll opt for a Beach inspired wedding or perhaps an Enchanted Forrest inspired wedding- whereveryour taste lies, hair embellishments can make an appearance.
3. Shades of Pink: Bridesmaid dresses will be seen in all shades of pink- from coral to fuchsia. Pair the dresses with nude pumps for a fun, yet elegant style.
4. Succulents: Whether it's on the wedding cake, bouquet, or table decor - using succulents is a beautiful way to bring natural elements into your wedding. Mix succulents with the classic details of a wedding cake, or opt to create a drool-worthy table centerpiece.
Author: Felicia Felmlee
Images from Pinterest & Taryn Chrisitne Photography
This past September, Forever Bride held our first ever Style Shoot at Aamodt's Apple Orchard in Stillwater, MN. The shoot featured the fabulous vendors of the VIB program! We still cannot get over the talent and creativity of our vendors, and how amazing their work not only shined in the images, but how lovely they were to work with throughout the entire process. The style of the shoot was 'boho chic' and each vendor went above and beyond in creating the perfect elements to bring this feel to life. Taryn Christine Photography captured each vendors' work in the beautiful images below.
With our first style shoot exceeding our expectations, we are even more excited about upcoming style shoots! Quarterly, VIB vendors will display their work in Forever Bride Style Shoots, allowing us all to lust in the beauty of wedding possibilites in the Twin Cities. Keep an eye out next month for our Winter 'Glitz & Glam' Style Shoot! We cannot wait :)
Author: Kelsey Knight
Participating VIB Vendors: Raffine Bridal, Tip Top Tux, Taryn Christine Photography, Aamodt's Apple Farm, Blast Blow Dry Bar, Blush Beauty Room, CakeWalk, Linen Effects, Dena Swenson Design, Couture Fleur, Jenna A Events
Designer wedding dresses offer exquisite detailed embellishments - pearls, crystals, lace applique, ribbons, bows, ruffles and frills....
And in efforts to avoid the price tag that's attached to designer dresses, brides will search the designer and style number online to find the dress at a lower price. Except these dresses do not even remotely resemble the quality or look of the authentic because it's a counterfeit.
Selling counterfeit wedding gowns online has become almost effortless by often using pictures of real designer gowns, but at a significantly discounted price - directly targeting brides who don't want to pay a fortune for their gown. However, chances are it's a counterfeit from an unauthorized foreign seller. Here are a few tips to ensure this doesn't happen to you:
1. Bad reviews. Read through reliable wedding forums to see what reviews that online seller has received. Spending just a few minutes researching the website could prevent you from spending hundreds of dollars on a goqn that's poorly made and well below your expectations.
2. Check the designers's site before making a purchase. The designer's site will tell you which online retailers are authorized. This will tell you which stores are permitted to distribute the designer's gowns - rarely it will be an online retailer.
3. Restocking fees. The company will refund your money, but only with a restocking fee. This is a huge red flag. It suggests that the company makes most of its money from selling low-quality dresses that women will want to return. Even worse - some companies won't even accept returns.
4. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. If an online retailer is selling a new designer gown for 50 percent or more off the retail price, it may be unrealistic. You want the gown you fell in love with - not a counterfeit with uneven seams, itchy fabrics and unflattering cuts.
Finding a discounted (yet still exquisite) dress is possible. Wedding dresses are typically worn once, so why not buy a used one? Or maybe you'll opt to sign up to receive emails from your favorite bridal boutiques - easy way to stay up to date with latest sales and exclusive promotions.
Author: Felicia Felmlee
Avoid wedding-day disasters with these makeup and beauty tips for any bride or bridesmaid!
(1) Use foundation primer. Foundation primer is crucial to ensure your foundation stays in place from start to finish. In addition to creating a smooth base for your foundation, primers are packed full of skin-boosting ingredients-- from antioxidants to anti-inflammatories. Begin your wedding day right - construct a flawless canvas for foundation application. (And don't forget eye shadow primer too!)
(2) Find your perfect foundation. Whether it be your wedding day or not - the perfect foundation is essential to your makeup application. There's no question - foundation needs to pair with your skin tone precisely, with no noticeable lines around your jawline or anywhere else for that matter. We don't want you to cringe when you look back at pictures and realize your face is a different color than your neck. So find your perfect match stat.
(3) Strive for long, luscious, lashes. A lash lengthening, volumizing and plumping mascara, preferably waterproof, is all you need to frame your eyes and get an impact-full lash. Or if determination strikes, you may opt for an eyelash enhancement product. Start applying a couple of months before your big day and you will see longer lashes by your wedding day. And, of course, fake eyelashes or lash extensions are an option. We suggest experimenting with them beforehand to be sure you get the results you want. There you have it, three options for long, luscious, lashes - that will leave you feeling like a sexy, confident bride.
(4) Touch-Up Products. Every bride needs a go-to makeup bag filled with essential touch-up products. No matter how vigilant you are, the climate, sweat and natural oils affect your makeup. We suggest a few essentials to take care of any last minute fixes.
- Lip gloss. Apply this frequently - it will wear out the fastest and need to be touched up the most.
- Oil blotting sheets. Instead of applying more makeup, try oil-absorbing sheets - gives you a fresh, oil-free look.
- Q-tips. Don't leave the house without these. From removing makeup from the inner corners of your eyes to fixing eyeliner - these are a must have, especially on your wedding day.
Author: Felicia Felmlee
pictures from pinterest.com